To complete your OWN 1 page Financial Plan:
- Fill in block “Why is Money important to me?”. List as many relevant reasons as you wish. Remember this should impact how you spend and save your money every day.
- Can you list in the block “My Financial Goals” x3 Short Term (2-24 months) and x3 Long Term (3-10 years) goals?
- My Outstanding Debt – If you have Debt, please list the details: Who you owe, How much and the % Rates. What is your Total Debt?
- My Monthly Budget – Do you have you own Monthly Budget? What is your Monthly Income? What are your Monthly Expenses? Do you have a Positive balance at Month end? List any steps you need to take and watch the “Budgeting Basics” Video.
- What planning do you have for your Future? Tick the relevant boxes and list all the relevant detail in the Future Planning block: Do you have Emergency Savings, a Will, do you need any Insurance – Short Term, Medical, Disability, Life Cover/Funeral Policy? And do you have any Short Term Savings or Long Term Investments?
- When complete…Ask yourself: Am I happy with my Financial Plan? Am I spending and saving in line with my Goals, and reasons Why Money is important to me? What steps do I need to take to improve my Financial situation?